Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes......

...or a smart alek 7 year old. Yesterday I was busy in the kitchen getting dinner ready and making brownies with Emma for FHE. Mason was playing XBOX in the living room and I asked him to vacuum when his game time was up. So the conversation goes something like this....
Mom: Mason finish up your game and I want you to vacuum the LR when your done.
Mason: Why do I have to vacuum? Why can't you?
Mom:(thinking of alot of not so nice things I could say, but held back) Because I'm getting dinner ready and I need you to do what I asked.
Mason: Well I'll fix dinner and YOU can vacuum.
I mean he is only seven and he is always trying to argue his way out of things. hmmm..I wonder who he is like. No comment, Mom!

2 comments:

SarahDaniel said...

Good or bad, it is amazing that we spend so much of our time teaching our children to communicate yet can be so appalled when they actually learn to do it well enough to talk back.

I love what kids have to say so I guess that is why I teach 7th grade and hear so many obnoxious things daily.

Kristel said...

This post cracked me up! So are you ever going to update???

I'm lucky, nursing is already going much, much, much better!! I'm just amazed that I never once heard a woman talk about how hard it was until after I started asking around after having a baby. Maybe it's because, like for you, it becomes such a wonderful experience that the bad is minimized or forgotten.